Call for Papers
Energy transitions imply disruptive innovations. This drives the Academy’s topics. We aim at discussing industries as complex and evolving systems. We are interested in their dynamics, networks, interactions, and heterogeneity. Our strategy is to bring together scholars from within and outside energy industries to cross-fertilize discussions on energy transition and complex adaptive systems.
We seek contributions from young scholars in all areas of Complexity, Innovation and Institutional Economics. Our aim is to bring together a broad view on technological and institutional aspects in order to apply it to industry transitions.
Deadline for abstracts: October 10, 2018
Scholars may submit an abstract or a complete paper. There are no format or length requirements. If the work is selected, they will be invited to participate and present in the Academy. We will base our selection on all available information – no single factor will be determinant. We seek candidates in terms of their contribution to a diverse research community.
The Energy Innovation Academy is organized under the scientific supervision of Miguel Vazquez (FSR Energy Innovation), with support of Vanessa Avanci and Danilo Spinola from the YSI Complexity Economics Working Group.
- During mornings, the program aims to provide presentations of the state of the art of the discipline on a specific topic. At the end of each morning, workshops will elaborate on specific research questions or methodologies. The format for these sessions will be a roundtable followed by open Q&A
- In the afternoons, the academy seminars will take place. They are designed to give attendants the opportunity to present and discuss their own research with experienced mentors and the rest of participants of the academy
The list of selected participants will be published on 18 October 2018 and we aim to welcome up to 20 young scholars. YSI will cover accommodation in shared apartments or shared hotel rooms to all selected participants. We expect to support some of the travel costs depending on funds availability.
In the context of the Energy Innovation Academy, the FSR Energy Innovation Area will organize three webinars during September and October to set the scene and discuss the main topics of the Academy with a wider audience online.
- Jose Maria Silveira (Unicamp):
Knowledge networks and technological frontiers: where are we, and where do we go to, in bioenergy? Register here
- Javier Prieto (EC) – Smart Specialization
- Daniele Rusolillo (Planet Idea) – Smart Cities
Follow FSR on twitter and join the discussion on #EnergyInnovationFSR
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org